Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I have afro hair and it's really poofy,wavy and i use straighteners but I don't have much

My mum relaxes my hair but she only ever does my roots now beacause my hair is seriously breaking, so I have to straighten my hair out everytime I wash it!! It's the kind of hair were it has really tight curls and it justs poofs up when it's dry and I never have enough time to do my hair!! Please help!!



I have afro hair and it's really poofy,wavy and i use straighteners but I don't have much time to do my hair!!

get it cut very short and it'll be more manageable.



I have afro hair and it's really poofy,wavy and i use straighteners but I don't have much time to do my hair!!

i have the same problem



I have afro hair and it's really poofy,wavy and i use straighteners but I don't have much time to do my hair!!

Young lady, its high time you seek a professional.



Go through the yellow pages %26amp; find a stylist who specializes in your hair texture.



To mom: Your time is up; you've done as much as you can for your daughter's hair.



The kitchen needs to go back to being a kitchen, not a mini-amateur salon.



Free yourself today! Call the pros!



I have afro hair and it's really poofy,wavy and i use straighteners but I don't have much time to do my hair!!

Hi!



The last thing you want to do is to put a straightening comb on hair that's been relaxed -- that contributes to breaking. Before you put any type of chemical in your hair, you have to build up the strength to minimize the breakage; otherwise, your hair will continue to break.



The first thing you would have to do to build your hair is to find a shampoo with no laurel sulfate and a conditioner with no alcohol. Shampoos and conditioners with those ingredients will strip your hair of the oil your hair needs to keep it strong. So be sure to check those ingredients.



Personally, I use Jason Naturals jojoba shampoo and conditioner -- you can find it at a health food store or buy it online at http://www.jason-natural.com. It's 70% organic. The jojoba oil in the shampoo and conditioner will put back the oils that your hair is lacking. Be sure to wash your hair at least once a week.



Also, be sure to deep condition your hair once a week for about 15-30 minutes under a heating cap or hair dryer. The jojoba conditioner also has protein which will help strengthen your hair. After you rinse out the conditioner, gently comb your hair and twist it and pin it up and let it air dry.



Finally, if you have to straighten your hair, DO NOT USE A STRAIGHTENING COMB. Instead, use a ceramic flat iron -- it's not as harsh and will keep your hair straighter, longer. But use it only once a week. Too much heat will also cause breakage.



I've been following this regimen for the past two years and my hair is in the best condition it's ever been.



I hope it helps.



PS -- One last thing. When you do retouches, only the new growth is to be relaxed and should be done every 6-8 weeks (longer depending on your hair type). If the relaxer goes onto the already-relaxed hair when doing a touchup, it breaks the hair down even more and causes more breakage. Be careful -- maybe you may need to give your hair a rest.



I have afro hair and it's really poofy,wavy and i use straighteners but I don't have much time to do my hair!!

you are going to either put the time into it to make it straight or settle for the curls!you are not going to be able to change what God gave you. your Mom is correct in only doing the roots, you should never over process it by relaxing from scalp to ends except the first time you ever get it relaxed or if it is all virgin(without chemical services) hair

No comments:

Post a Comment