Saturday, August 1, 2009

Coarse, wavy frizzy yuck hair. How to smooth it!?

Which products work best to smooth and shine coarse, wavy hair? I don't want to straighten it. If anything, I'd like it more curly.



Coarse, wavy frizzy yuck hair. How to smooth it!?

use a smoothing and polishing serum, I use 'smooth n shine' in a little clear bottle with a pink top, but I believe 'garnier fructise' has one as well



Coarse, wavy frizzy yuck hair. How to smooth it!?

try the frizz ease combination of the frizz ease hair shampoo-spray



Coarse, wavy frizzy yuck hair. How to smooth it!?

moose it and curl it! it worked 4 me



Coarse, wavy frizzy yuck hair. How to smooth it!?

TRY FRUCTISE SMOOTHING MILK



IT WORKS REALLY %26amp; ITS INEXPENSIVE, YOU CAN FIND IT @ YOU LOCAL STORE



http://www.garnierfructisusa.com/



Coarse, wavy frizzy yuck hair. How to smooth it!?

I swear by Infusium 23. I have course wavy frizzy hair also, and I used to struggle just to get a comb through it. Infusium 23 works wonders! I use the leave-in treatment after showering (I shampoo and condition with Fructis Long and Strong which are also awesome). Those combinations work really well for my hair. Then I use a little bit of gel and hairspay and crunch it while still wet so it will hold the wavy-curl.



Coarse, wavy frizzy yuck hair. How to smooth it!?

I used to have coarse wavy frizzy hair too, until I switched to a better quality shampoo and conditioner. I tried every product that was not salon quality (ie pantene, frizz ease, infusium, tresseme, finese, garnier fructis, neutrogena, citrus shine, etc) and nothing ever worked. I was using at least three to four products on my hair, and still my hair was a mess to the point where I wouldn't wear it down. I have a friend who has the nastiest, coarsest and frizziest hair ever for a white woman and she recommended Redkin's Allsoft shampoo and conditioner. When she switched her hair got a lot better (although it really improved when she got the japense straightening done to it, but that's another story), so I tried it. It is really amazing stuff! The bottle says that it's for dry brittle hair, but my hairdresser told me that it actually works great for people with coarse hair. And it does! I deep condition it once a week with the Redkin Heavy Cream conditioner. Amazing stuff! The only thing though is it might weigh down your curls, so you might try either Smooth Down by Redkin, or they have a new line of products specifically for curly hair, even if it's coarse and frizzy. Hope this helps!



Coarse, wavy frizzy yuck hair. How to smooth it!?

Silicones, like Frizz Ease and Biosilk, have alcohol and water in them that reduce their benefits for your hair. You might want to try a pure silicone like Simply Stylin'. It has no fillers and is very light weight. It adds a great shine and eliminates frizz. I've used it regularly for about a month now, and the difference in my hair is very noticeable. The frizz is gone, my hair is soft and shiny, and it has great bounce to it.



Coarse, wavy frizzy yuck hair. How to smooth it!?

I love Simply Stylin, too. Got some free samples off their website and went right back and bought 2 bottles since it was on sale. It smells really great, and people noticed that I was doing something differently to my hair. It is hard to find in stores, though. I haven't found any that carry it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment