Saturday, July 25, 2009

Curly/Wavy, long, Frizzy, thick, poofy hair....?

So pretty much, my hair's a mess! I have a hair appointment today in a few hours, and I want it cut shorter. Right now it's about 6 inches past my shoulders. I was thinking of getting it cut to my shoulders, or just past them. Maybe a few layers aswell. The thing is, I dont want my hair to appear frizzier, or poofier...etc as before. Will getting it cut shorter make it harder to deal with? Or, will it make it seem more thick, and poofy?



Curly/Wavy, long, Frizzy, thick, poofy hair....?

my hair can be described as the same. i think it will appear healthier because you will have cut away the older hair and maybe split ends?! your curls will be bouncier and appear much healthier. just add some frizz control and i think its a great idea



Curly/Wavy, long, Frizzy, thick, poofy hair....?

I have a simple solution...ask your hairdresser. It's their job, Im sure that they can give you suggestions and tell you what would make it more frizzy or poofy...good luck



Curly/Wavy, long, Frizzy, thick, poofy hair....?

Well if you going to cut it and leave it short its going to look more puffier...though if you like you could straighten then with the ceramic hair irons, they make it look straight,hardly frizzy/puffy...



why don't you use pantene hair frizz control cream...or any good brand you prefer...better still go ask your salon to advice you..they know exactly what to do i assume.



Curly/Wavy, long, Frizzy, thick, poofy hair....?

I'm in the same category. Really the best way to control it is to find a really good shampoo and conditioner along with a styling product the gives you the look you want. Though I am not of African descent I find using a product made for that hair type helps manage my hair much easier. I suggest the shampoos and conditioners made for women of color by Pantene, especially the smooth and sleek type.



I also apply a light leave in conditioner by Pantene to help tame my locks on those extra humid days, otherwise I'm not one for styling products on a daily basis and tend to use them only for special events (wedding, high end dinner, etc.). Unfortunately since each person is so different finding the products that work best for you is really a trial and error deal.



Frizz control sprays and shine sprays don't do anything but add more shine to my hair, and shine isn't a problem I look to remedy. I do not recommend gels or styling/sculpting wax. I am anti-hairspray and never found a suitable mousse either, but perhaps you may find one that works for you.



To apply the leave in moisturizer/conditioner place a drop the size of a dime in the palm of your hand and rub your hands together coating them evenly. Then, starting at the bottom of your hairline, reach into your hair at the roots and use your fingers to smooth chunks of your hair as you slide your hands through to the tips. There should be enough residue left on your hands after you smooth through all your hair to gently wipe your hands over the top outer layer and smooth down any fly aways. Think of it as applying the lightest protective coating, but too much will weigh down your hair and make it look greasy, so take care to use a small amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment