Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Everyday styling of wavy hair?

I have mid-length, thin and very wavy hair. In my younger years it would sit fine just washed and then put in a pony tail, but now that i'm getting older (not old, i'm 17 now) and it's getting wavier i find that if i wash it and just leave it it just looks messy.



I also can't tie it back a lot of the time because the frizz and flyaways are so extreme.



So, what are some good hairstyles, products and tips so i know how to wear it on a daily basis and not look like i just woke up? I'm REALLY not good at this sort of thing so if you name products i think i'll need a bit of an explaination or something...



Thanks heaps.



Everyday styling of wavy hair?

you can try putting in a small amount of mousse or gel after you get done washing your hair. this helps to keep frizz down and also makes your hair wavier and shinier.



a style you can do is to braid your hair into low pigtails when your hair is wet. this won't frizz and looks really cute if you have a round or heart-shaped face.



if you don't have time to braid or your hair isn't wet then you can always brush your hair towards the nape of your neck and twist it up the back of your head then clip it with a large hairclip. slide a few hairpins in under the clip for a better hold. This works well for messy hair since it's supposed to look a bit messy. pin back stray hairs on the side or let them go.



just try experimenting with your hair on weekends!



good luck!



Everyday styling of wavy hair?

I have wavy hair is a major problem for me. I have just recently found a great product. Its a little expensive but its Frizz-Eaze by John Freida styling gel...one of the really strong holding ones. It does not make your hair stiff or crunchy if you comb it through when wet. I have found through much trial and error that if I wash my hair before I go to bed and let it air dry while I sleep (laid above my head on the pillow where I won't lay on it) that it gives my hair time to produce some natural oils it lays flatter and has less frizz and poofiness. When I get up in the morning I smoothe it with some anti-frizz cream (not gel). The waves/curls are more defined and look soft. Using a diffuser and letting it air dry after a day shower and leaving makes frizz so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment